PLEASE READ CAREFULLY OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING WITH US.
- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
- “The Company” shall mean GRANADA SERVICES, trading name of GRANADA SERVICES
- “The Customer” shall mean the person or organization that contacted the Company and for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
- “The Operative/Engineer” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company to carry out the works.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion.
- All electrical installation works will comply with BS7671: 2019 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- Some disruption of the power supply is inevitable when carrying out electrical works. It is the client’s responsibility to make arrangements to cover any consequence arising from the temporary loss of power.
- There is a minimum charge for 1 hour at the hourly rate applicable for every appointment unless quoted otherwise; thereafter charges are billed in 30 minutes intervals for every commenced interval. If the time of work extends to a period of a higher charge rate then the Customer will be charged for that period at that higher rate unless it has been agreed to carry out the remaining works at another time.
- The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company and the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining un-stocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work. All charges are subject to VAT, parking and congestion fees if applied.
- Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
- Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
- The Customer must be informed wherever possible when the operative leaves the premises.
- If the Customer fails to ensure unhindered access to the site by the operative and as a result the operative cannot gain access to the site, the Customer will be charged for the time spent awaiting access or for 1 hour labor, whichever is greater in addition to any parking charges.
- If the customer requests the company to install their own fittings e.g. plug sockets or light fittings and these are faulty or not at the works location when the company is there, a charge per hour for every hour we are at the works location will be charged as per our standard charges.
- Position of fittings, light points, switches, routs of cables, pipes and other parts of installations if not specified prior to commencement of the works shall be determined by the operative at his own discretion in accordance to Building Regulations and common practice.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with the current regulations. Any works required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at an additional cost (parts and labor).
- Fixed price quotations shall be given as a firm cost and need to be agreed on writing by the customer. The fixed price may be revised in the following circumstances:
- if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
- if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
- if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
- if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
- Estimates provided over the phone or via e-mail at the time of booking of the visit on the basis of the information provided by the Customer are for informative purpose only and are not binding for the Company.
- Invoices are due for payment immediately upon completion of the work. All materials provided and used by the Company for the works carried out for the Customer remain the property of the Company until the invoice is paid in full and shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company. Final documentation or certificates will be supplied on clearance of funds only.
- We accept card payments by Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, and Maestro. For payments by Credit Card a 1.5% fee will be applied to the final amount, this fee is not retained by us but by the credit card issuing company. We also accept payment by BACS transfer or by cash on site to our operative.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company, an Estate Agency, a Landlord) in which case we need to have a written confirmation from the named 3rdparty that they are liable for payment of the work to be performed.
- Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavors to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
- If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out and/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
- If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 2 weeks to the Company and shall grant the Company the opportunity of both inspecting such works and carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
- The Guarantee shall be for labor only in respect of faulty workmanship for 6 months from the date of completion. The invoice for the work is the base for the guarantee.
- The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/materials completed/supplied by the Company is:
- Subject to misuse or negligence.
- Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability for materials supplied by the Customer and will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- If the operative attends the site to carry out remedial works related to a failure of materials or parts not covered by the Company’s warranty the Customer shall be charged for such works at prevailing rates.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
- The company does not give refunds on completed works.
- These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, and the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
WEEKDAYS (MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
Daytime: 8am – 6pm
Overtime: 6pm – 10pm
Night shift: 10pm – 8am
WEEKENDS (SATURADY & SUNDAY & bank Holidays)
Daytime: 8am – 1pm
Overtime: 1pm – 6pm
Night shift: 6pm – 8 am